Great

Grey - E.L. James

Firstly “Grey” is by no means a brand new book by E L James! So if you’re looking for a brand new book in the 50 Shades series you have come to the wrong place, as there is not one. “Grey” however does give us some insight into Christian’s feelings. Yes the majority of the book is the same of “Fifty Shades of Grey” but with the flip that we are hearing Christian’s thoughts on everything and not Ana’s.

“Grey” fills in several blanks from the original book, for example, we get a better insight into Christian’s life pre Grace and Carrick. E L James delivers Christian’s memories from his past life through his nightmares. We also get some more information on Leila, and what happens after Christian has to rush back from Georgia to Seattle to deal with the “situation”. At the end of the book we also get a whole new insight into Christian’s feelings when he’s lost Ana, which leads nicely into the next book.

Yes “Grey” is basically “Fifty Shades of Grey” but turned around, but it does have quite a lot of new content as we are inside Christian’s head, so where anything in the original book was Ana by herself, we get the opposite here of Christian by himself. And I think if anything we get an awful lot more from “Grey”. We see how much Christian is trying to make things work so he and Ana can be together, seeing all the problems Christian is battling behind this.

Like I said, if you are expecting a whole brand new story you’re not going to get this from “Grey”. You’re going to get the story of “Fifty Shades of Grey”, but from Christian’s perspective instead. And I quite enjoyed seeing the other side of the story, so rate this very highly.